Sunday, February 3, 2008

Forecast: More rain, more wind.

Another blown weather forecast today. I skipped the Early Bird Road Race last Saturday because the forecast didn't look good; it called for rain and high winds. It turned out to be a decent day with little wind and no rain. Oh well, there will be more races. Likewise I skipped Paskenta this morning because of the forecast. Of course that decision pretty much guaranteed decent weather for that event. Yup, it's been sunny and dry all day.

Good thing I decided to head out for a quick spin this morning. It turned into a 3 hour ride. I saw several salamander road kills along the way and when I came up to this little critter I pedaled past to let "nature" take its course. I wondered if it would make it across. Road kills seem pretty unnatural though. I turned around after that thought, took a few pictures with my phone camera and gently picked the little guy or girl up and set it down across the road towards Putah Creek.








Two other solo riders came up while I was taking pictures at the top Cardiac, Greg Anderson (DBC) and Manuel Borges (Precision). Manuel turned around to head back to Vacaville and Greg was on his way over Mt George. I rode with Greg until Moscovite corner where I turned off to go up Steele Canyon.

No comments: