Sunday, January 27, 2008

Weeks later

Two weeks after my crash Lauren and I visited her family in Pleasanton. We made the short trek to Fremont to say hello to my teammates during meet the teams day at Early Bird #4. In the excitement a couple of guys almost forgot about my injuries and came up to give me a hug. We got there late so we missed the race but it was nice to be able to personally thank my teammates for their help and support. We went back a week later to cheer them on for the last EB crit of the season. Watching the race and even witnessing another crash didn't seem to bring on any anxiety. I had been warned to be prepared for some nervousness when getting back on the bike so I expected to feel some anxiety just watching the race but seeing my teammates finish strong and get 2nd and 3rd made me want to get back on the bike and join them.

I found out later that getting back on the bike and getting back to riding tight in a pack was a whole different story.

No comments: