Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Be aware and beware!

Heads up for people sweeping across the field and those who dive in the corners. Sure, it's more likely to happen in the 5s but even the pros are not immune. A friend who was in the pack behind me at the time of my crash sent me these photos and told me it was reminiscent of how I went down. Look where Graeme Brown (Rabobank) started and where he ended up.

(AFP photos)


I too once contributed to a teammate's crash on a training ride. It was raining and we were doing fairly heated team race attack/chase simulations. I quickly looked left, thought the coast was clear and shot through a hole only to feel wheels rub and my teammate went down! I felt horrible but I was soooo happy that he was OK. Safety first, please. Relax and try to ride steady, look before shooting out, hold your line, pedal through the corners and please let's all try and hold our line!

No comments: