Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Yosemite backpacking trip

The weather here in Winters is rainy and cold at the moment. It's not Nebraska, Wisconsin or New England cold but cold to me anyway especially since I am nursing some sort of flu. I'm sitting here yearning for shorts and T-shirts weather. Like the summer backpacking trip that Lauren, my daughters and I took in Yosemite National Park just a few months ago. We started in Tuolumne Meadows and wrapped it up (or down) in Yosemite Valley via John Muir trail/Mist trail. Day hikes to Merced Lake and Half Dome nicely filled a couple of days in Little Yosemite Valley. That's the Merced River behind Helen, Julia and me with Lauren behind the camera. I think I'll have some of Lauren's carrot cake now along with a steaming hot mug of Apple Spice TheraFlu.

No comments: